Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Accident Attorneys Serving People in Gastonia, Monroe, Concord, Conover and the Surrounding Areas
A serious personal injury can impact every aspect of your life. Obviously, a serious injury will have a lasting impact on your health. While you are recovering from your injuries, you may be unable to work for a long period of time. Even after you have recovered to the fullest possible extent, there may be very real limitations on what you can and cannot do.
In these situations, it is critical that you work with a lawyer, and a law firm, who can guide you through the legal process and help you maximize your financial recovery. The law firm of Hefferon Law, PLLC has a strong track record of helping people who have been severely harmed due to another’s negligence. We take on all types of accidents, from car accidents to workplace accidents, from accidents on someone else’s property (premises liability claims) to accounting malpractice.
- Burn injuries
- Scars and broken bones
- Spinal cord and nerve injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Our lawyers will work closely with you to learn how your injuries have changed your life and what you will need going forward. We will then make a demand for damages against those responsible for your injuries. While most of our cases do settle prior to trial, there are times when trial is necessary to vindicate our clients’ position. As veterans of more than 100 jury trials, our Charlotte personal injury compensation attorneys will be fully prepared to protect your rights.
The Right Time To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
Those who have been injured in some type of accident that was not their fault have a lot of questions that need to be answered. There is no specific code or guideline that will tell you when it is time to hire a personal injury lawyer. However, it is always a good idea to meet with an attorney before getting involved with any kind of negotiation, investigation or settlement. Here is a look at when it is probably a good time to call on a personal injury attorney from Hefferon Law.
- Insurance company interaction – Many times, a personal injury is going to involve an insurance company. Auto, homeowners and business insurance protect from having to pay all compensation out of pocket. That means you are likely heading for a battle with an insurance company. A personal injury lawyer at Hefferon Law knows how to speak that language and deal with pushy insurance companies who are looking for a quick and small settlement. In some instances, it may be your own insurance company looking to issue you a less than favorable payout.
- Statute of limitations – Certain accidents have a certain time length in terms of when you can file a personal injury lawsuit. This differs on a state by state basis and sometimes time is of the essence. If you are uncertain of how long you have, contact an associate at Hefferon Law. We can expedite the process and plan out a timeline for your case.
A Personal Injury Attorney Works For You
Keep in mind that when you sustain a personal injury, you are going to eventually face a team of individuals that is looking to pay as little as possible or get out of paying altogether. Hiring an attorney at Hefferon Law does not mean you will be reliant on just one person. We have a support staff that helps with each personal injury case. Some cases require an entire team effort and that’s what makes Hefferon Law so reliable.
It also pays to have experts on your side. At Hefferon Law, we have dealt with clients who have sustained all different kinds of personal injuries. That experience has helped to elevate our personal injury expertise and allows us to take on large insurance companies. Remember that these companies employ teams of experts tasked with proving your case wrong. With Hefferon Law on your side, you can also rely on a team of experts to stand up to any insurance company.
Consult A Personal Injury Attorney
If you believe that you have reason to receive compensation for an injury suffered at the expense of someone else, it is imperative to contact an attorney. Even if you are rear-ended while driving 10 mph, there is the chance that you could have nerve damage or an injury to your spine. If you are injured at work, perhaps there is something you failed to investigate. Your health is too important to ignore. If you believe there is even the slightest chance that you may have developed some type of personal injury through no fault of your own, contact one of our customer associates right away.
Settlements For Your Injury
Many people are under the impression that a personal injury lawsuit will eventually lead to a court date. While there are some instances that are settled in a courtroom, the reality is that most do not make it that far. Many times, a settlement is reached before a case goes to litigation. But reaching a settlement requires skilled negotiation. During that process, there are several steps to take. The back and forth can be overwhelming for individuals without representation and there are ways to damage your case without even knowing it. Hefferon Law will keep that from happening by doing everything in our power to get you the highest possible settlement. That process includes the following:
- Establish fault – It is our job to show that another party is responsible for your injury and had the party not been involved, the injury would not have occurred.
- Seek highest amount – We do not settle for anything less than you deserve and that means demanding the highest among of compensation for your personal injury.
We also represent surviving family members in wrongful death claims.
Contact Hefferon Law, PLLC
Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation in personal injury and wrongful death claims. We accept all personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis. Therefore, our law firm will not charge attorneys’ fees or recoup our expenses unless we are successful in your case. Call (704) 365-2600, or e-mail our law firm to get started.